History and Growth of Chantilly, Virginia
Chantilly, Virginia is known for its strong job market, beautiful scenery, and rich history. Chantilly, Virginia has a long and rich history dating back to the early 1800s. It was originally a small agricultural community, but has grown significantly over the years into the bustling suburb it is today. Today, Chantilly is a thriving community with a strong job market and many local attractions.
The major industry sectors in Chantilly, Virginia and the surrounding area include technology, defense, and government contracting.
Major Attractions and Area Surrounding Chantilly, Virginia
The nearest big city to Chantilly, Virginia is Washington, D.C., which is just a short drive away. This provides residents of Chantilly with easy access to all that the city has to offer, including world-class museums, dining, and entertainment options.
Major Attractions, Destinations, or Draws to Living in Chantilly, Virginia:
- Sully Plantation: a historic plantation and museum with beautiful grounds and educational tours
- Manassas National Battlefield Park: a protected area with hiking trails and a rich history
- Chantilly National Golf and Country Club: a beautiful and well-regarded golf course with a clubhouse and other amenities
- Dulles Town Center: a large shopping mall with a wide range of stores and dining options
School Systems in Chantilly, Virginia
- Chantilly High School: a top-rated public high school with a strong academic program and extracurricular offerings
- The Hylton School: a highly rated public middle and high school with a focus on science, technology, engineering, and math
- Fairfax Christian School: a private K-12 school with a strong Christian education program
Salaries, Crime, and Demographics of Chantilly, Virginia
According to data from the FBI, the crime rate in Chantilly, Virginia is lower than the national average for both property and violent crimes.
The median household income in Chantilly is higher than the national average, at around $124,000 per year.
According to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median salary in Chantilly, Virginia is around $80,000 per year. This is higher than the national average and reflects the strong job market in the area. Many residents in Chantilly work in the technology, defense, and government contracting industries, which tend to offer higher salaries.
The population of Chantilly is diverse, with about 55% of residents identifying as white, 25% as Asian, and 14% as Hispanic or Latino. The majority of residents in Chantilly are homeowners, and the median age is around 37 years old.
According to data from the US Census, the population of Chantilly, Virginia is around 24,000 people. The majority of residents in Chantilly are homeowners, with a homeownership rate of around 75%. The median age in Chantilly is around 37 years old, and the population is diverse, with around 55% identifying as white, 25% as Asian, and 14% as Hispanic or Latino.
Other Cities and Areas Near Chantilly, Virginia
- Reston, Virginia: a nearby city known for its strong job market and high quality of life
- Tysons Corner, Virginia: a bustling commercial hub with a wide range of shopping and dining options
- Arlington, Virginia: a vibrant city with a diverse population and easy access to Washington, D.C.